The world’s largest Starbucks is now open in Chicago! The Starbucks Reserve Roastery Chicago sits five stories high on Michigan Avenue. It’s an immersive experience spanning 35,000 square feet!
When I arrived on opening day, the line was a couple blocks long with more than an hour and a half wait! Fortunately, Starbucks let me in to capture some video footage to share with all of you. Check out this video for a tour inside the newest and largest Starbucks in the world!
Where is it?
The world’s largest Starbucks now sits in the former space of the longtime Crate & Barrel store. It’s at the intersection of Michigan Avenue and Erie Street on the Magnificent Mile. You can’t miss the massive, white, round building sitting on the corner of that intersection.
What’s inside the World’s Largest Starbucks?
Inside, Starbucks Reserve Roastery Chicago, you’ll find the company’s largest retail experience! Since, it’s a working coffee roastery, you can see the coffee beans roasting on a massive machine when you enter. Starbucks Reserve does a great job of creating special, Chicago-specific experiences throughout the five-story building. Here are some of the highlights to look out for:
- Exclusive Coffee Creations – The barrel-age coffee bar offers an exclusive menu to Chicago. Taste a whiskey barrel-aged cold brew you can’t find anywhere else.
- Nitrogen Gelato – This is the only Starbucks location to serve on-demand liquid nitrogen gelato. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee for a hot and cold experience!
- Cocktail bar – The fourth floor bar features Chicago-specific alcoholic beverages. Local mixologists created the concepts for the cocktail menu which incorporates Starbucks coffee & tea. There’s even a cocktail with Chicago’s famous Malort!
- Italian Bakery – Princi’s artisanal bakery serves pizza, salad, pastries and more. Enjoy it all with a view of Michigan Avenue!
- The Midwest’s First Curved Escalator – Glide up the world’s largest Starbucks while getting a great view of a 56-foot tall cask that distributes the roastery’s coffee beans.
- Souvenirs & Coffee accessories – You can find Chicago-themed gifts and collectable mugs.
- Specialty and Experiential Coffee Bars – The world’s largest Starbucks offers an immersive experience. Here you can witness the brewing methods, art, and theatrics behind your coffee creation.
This Starbucks Reserve roasts 200,000 pounds of coffee per year! Hopefully, you get a chance to check out the world’s largest Starbucks for yourself!
PIN THIS POST
Be sure to read my round up of Things to Do in Chicago this Winter!