Catching movies at Millennium Park is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. It’s always a great time and it’s free. So grab friends, have a picnic, and watch a film with Chicago’s skyline as your backdrop.
The Millennium Park movie series takes place at 6:30 p.m. every Tuesday night starting June 4th until August 20st. The movies play at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park (201 E. Randolph St.) and you are welcome to bring outside food and alcohol. The City of Chicago released the full schedule and there are some great films this year! Check it out below.
Millennium Park Film Series Full schedule:
- June 4: Black Panther
- June 11: Frida
- June 18: Love, Simon
- June 25: Wonder Woman
- July 2: The Wiz
- July 9: 10 Things I Hate About You
- July 16: Moonlight + Pan’s Labyrinth
- July 23: The Music Man
- July 30: Fences
- August 5: Inside Out (daytime showing at 11:30am)
- August 6: The Muppet Movie
- August 13: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- August 20: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Tips for Millennium Park Movie Goers
- All the seating is first come, first served. So get there early! Many people arrive right after work around 5 pm.
- I prefer to sit on the lawn instead of the seats so there’s room to have a picnic.
- Bring a blanket to help claim your space, (but don’t be too greedy!). Also I use a waterproof blanket like this one.
- Mariano’s grocery store is right across the street. So you can pick up some wine and snacks on your way over.
- Giordano’s is across the street too, if you prefer pizza!
Photography: JP Caruso and Choose Chicago Photo Courtesy of Abel Arciniega.
Disclaimer: Lizzy Fay LLC participates in select affiliate programs and occasionally receives brand sponsorships. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links, Lizzy Fay LLC may make a commission. This comes at no additional cost to you. Affiliate programs and sponsorships help Lizzy Fay LLC continue to create free content. Please note, opinions are my own, and I am selective in promoting and mentioning specific brands. Thank you for your support.