Baby Theodore was supposed to be growing in my tummy until today, January 21st. Happy due date, little guy!
Kam and I were hoping you’d come a little early, partly to avoid induction and partly so your dad could spend more time with you. With MLK day and Kam’s work schedule, we joked that 38 weeks would be most convenient for us. Turns out, that timing worked well for you too.
You came into this world on Wednesday, January 8th, two weeks early. Tiny, healthy, and a great head of hair. Your Grandpa Fay calls the extra time with you “bonus days,” and these two weeks with you were pure magic. Here are some of the highlights during this bonus time with you:
- The funny faces you make at me during breastfeeding sessions.
- Family meals together with you lounging in your Bobby on the kitchen table.
- Your dad and I just staring at you for hours.
- Giving you your first bath. You despised it at first, but appreciated it by the end.
- Spying on you and your dad through the monitor. He gives you so many baby smooches! I love how much he adores you.
- Taking you across the street for my first glass of wine in nine months and a pizza. This outing with you boosted our mood and confidence.
- Bundling you up in your “Elmer Fudd” hat so the three of us could walk through the park. Our walk was probably seven minutes, but we loved it anyway.
- Taking you on your first shopping trip to Carters so we could buy you size “premie” clothes.
- Spending time with Grandma & Grandpa Fay and FaceTiming with relatives.
- All of your noises. Sometimes you peep like a baby bird and other times you grunt so loudly it startles us!
- The doctor called you a “rockstar” because you’re eating so well and growing so fast. I’m embarrassed to say, I cried a little leaving that appointment because I’m so grateful you are healthy, but also sad you are growing so quickly. I want to freeze time.
We wish we had more time for the three of us, but your dad has to go back to work today. It’s not easy for him to leave you. We agree these past two weeks with you have been the absolute best time in our lives. Thank you, Baby Theodore, for making us your parents and gifting us these bonus days with you.
To read about my pregnancy with Theo, check out this post and this post. You can also read about our Babymoon, the nursery, and my baby registry. Thank you all for your love and well wishes for Baby Theo! We appreciate you.