This weekend, my aunts and my mom are throwing us a baby shower! I never had a wedding shower and I always felt hesitant about a baby shower. However, my aunts and mom are keeping it casual — just how we’d like it! It’s going to be coed with pizza and no sitting around watching me open gifts. We’re really grateful to celebrate our baby boy with my family and closest friends.
Many of our friends already have kids, so we received lots of product recommendations. Kam’s friends from business school even created spreadsheets detailing their favorite products! (And trust me, they’ve researched the hell out of this stuff!) I combed through the recommendations to highlight the must-haves for our baby registry! Below are some of the essentials on our list. (BTW read our gender reveal or first trimester recap.)
Our Baby Registry Essentials
- Lovevery Play Gym – Perfect for tummy time and beautifully designed for sensory exploration. The Lovevery toy subscription also came highly recommended.
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer – Easily portable and keeps baby content while you’re cooking, showering, or doing the tenth load of baby laundry that week.
- Merlin Sleep Suit – Everyone swore by these cozy sleep suits! Word on the street is they are incredible for transitioning baby out of a swaddle. Babies look so stinkin’ cute in them too!
- Doona Stroller/Car Seat Combo – This transforms from stroller to car seat with a click of a button! It’s lightweight and great for urban families. People take it into Ubers or on flights too.
- Baby gowns – Countless parent’s told us to avoid jammies with snaps because no one likes to deal with those during the middle-of-the-night diaper changes. This brand was highly recommended.
- Zip-up pajamas – Again, no fussing with snaps!
- Ergo Carrier 360 – My friends swear by this hands-free carrier. Works for both mom and dad.
- Dockatot – Who knew a fancy lounger could be so useful? Everyone says this portable docking station was worthy every penny.
- Wyze Monitor – There are fancier monitors out there, but we hear simple and reliable is all you need. This one came highly recommended.
- Hatch Smart Changing Pad with Built-in Scale – This is popular because the material is so easy to clean. The built-in scale is useful in the newborn phase when weight is of concern.
- Booties with velcro strap – Since socks are always falling off!
- Hatch Baby Rest Plus – This white noise machine, smart night light, monitor combo was a “must” on the list of many moms I trust.
- Books – I’d love to teach our son Spanish so we registered for several Spanish kids books, along with some special books like A Boy Like You
- Miracle Blanket – Because old-school swaddles are tricky!
Parents, which products did I leave off the list? I’d love to know your favorites!