By now, you probably know I live in downtown Chicago, work as a content producer, and am getting married this year in Temecula, California (read our engagement story here). Today I'm sharing 10 things you likely do not know about me! Plus, a super cute romper and bag that's perfect for a sunny day.
10 Things You Don't Know About Me
- I have never eaten a hot dog! I know, it's a crime, especially living in Chicago, but it's true.
- I enjoy traveling alone. For instance, I went to Ecuador for 10 days on a whim by myself. I made plans day by day and stayed with an Ecuadorian family for a few nights.
- I was voted class clown in high school. This is my greatest accomplishment to date.
- For five years, I worked as a television news reporter. I was on-air for ABC, NBC, CBS and Telemundo network affiliates, and covered many high-profile events and people including the Obamas, Sen. John McCain, and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (who was running for vice president at the time).
- My tongue is freakishly long. I can touch it to the tip of my nose.
- I have been gluten-free for about two years. It's for health reasons, and it has made a positive difference in how I feel. I read this NYT best-selling book which suggests certain people can benefit from eliminating gluten from their diets - not just people with celiac disease.
- I speak Spanish (maybe more like Spanglish now) and that has enabled me to work for Telemundo and travel like a local in Ecuador, Spain, and Mexico.
- Cooking for people gives me anxiety.
- I grew up with a Jack Russell Terrier named Kona. You remember Wish Bone or the dog on Frasier? Kona was that kind of dog, and he was awesome.
- I met my fiancé on a dating app called Hinge.
Click the images above to shop these bags.
Embroidered Romper + Rebecca Minkoff Bags
I have always been a fan of rompers! They are just as easy to throw on as a summer dress, but you don't have to worry about the wind sneaking up on you and having a "Marilyn Monroe moment." I paired this romper with one of my Rebecca Minkoff bags. After going to the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale recently, I now own three bags by the designer. Her bags are high-quality so they will last a long time. The sample sale is over but you can still find super cute Rebecca Minkoff bags online right now with free shipping for under $150.
Disclaimer: Lizzy Fay LLC participates in select affiliate programs and occasionally receives brand sponsorships. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links, Lizzy Fay LLC may make a commission. This comes at no additional cost to you. Affiliate programs and sponsorships help Lizzy Fay LLC continue to create free content. Please note, opinions are my own, and I am selective in promoting and mentioning specific brands. Thank you for your support.