Movies at Millennium Park Summer Lineup 2017
Movies at Millennium Park Summer 2017
Catching a movie at Millennium Park is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. It’s always a great time and it’s free, so grab friends, have a picnic, and watch a film with Chicago’s skyline as your backdrop. I enjoy the spontaneity that comes with watching movies at Millennium Park with hundreds of strangers. In fact, I’ve been to two movies where nearly everyone got up and started dancing! Last year that happened during Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. It was quite memorable.
The Millennium Park movie series takes place at 6:30 p.m. every Tuesday night starting June 13th until September 5th. The movies play at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park (201 E. Randolph St.). There are some great films playing this year including “La La Land,” “Hidden Figures” and “Caddy Shack.” I haven’t seen La La Land yet, so I am hoping to make it to that one. The City of Chicago released the full schedule. Check it out below.
Millennium Park Movie Series Full schedule:
- “The Blues Brothers” – June 13 (rated R, 132 minutes)
- “Caddyshack” – June 20 (rated R, 98 minutes)
- “Julie and Julia” – June 27 (rated PG-13, 123 minutes)
- “El Norte“ – July 11 (rated R, 141 minutes)
- “La La Land” – July 18 (rated PG-13, 128 minutes)
- “Network” – July 25 (rated R, 121 minutes)
- “Bend it Like Beckham” – Aug. 1 (rated PG-13, 112 minutes)
- “Ghost” & “The Shining” – Aug. 8 – Double Feature under the full moon!
“Ghost” (rated PG-13, 127 minutes) “The Shining” (rated R, 144 minutes
- “Hidden Figures” – Aug. 15 (rated PG, 127 minutes)
- “Five Heartbeats” – Aug. 22 (rated R, 122 minutes)
- “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs”– Thurs., Aug. 24 at 10 a.m.
- Daytime screening for families & 80th Anniversary (rated G, 83 minutes)
- “The Princess Bride” – August 29 (rated PG, 98 minutes)
- “Wayne’s World“ – September 5 (rated PG-13, 95 minutes)
Shop the Look
Tips for Millennium Park Movie Goers
- Get there early! All the seating is first come, first served. Many people arrive right after work around 5pm.
- I prefer to sit on the lawn instead of the seats so there’s room to have a picnic.
- Bring a blanket to help claim your space, (but don’t be too greedy!). I use a waterproof blanket like this one.
- Mariano’s grocery store is right across the street, so you can pick up some wine and snacks on your way over.
- Giordano’s is across the street too, if you prefer pizza!
Photography: JP Caruso
Disclaimer: Lizzy Fay LLC participates in select affiliate programs and occasionally receives brand sponsorships. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links, Lizzy Fay LLC may make a commission. This comes at no additional cost to you. Affiliate programs and sponsorships help Lizzy Fay LLC continue to create free content. Please note, opinions are my own, and I am selective in promoting and mentioning specific brands. Thank you for your support.